We've put together all the core things that Act! users should do to help them increase their productivity into one course, resulting in more and better business.
The course is taught one of our instructors, Len Kamerman. Len has been working with Act! for 12 years and has done both public and corporate training for Keystroke customers.
Week 1 - Customizing Act!
- Learn the approach to figuring out what fields you should include, and where
- See how to add the fields to your database once you know what you want
- Adding customization to your database makes daily activities easier
- Make marketing more effective and provide better service
- Learn how to make attractive database layouts that you and others will want to use
I'll give you examples and questions to ask that will help customize Act! to suit your own business.
Bonus: In addition to the weekly session, you'll get access to a video that walks you start-to-finish on how to create a layout, using an example, as well as a PDF cheat-sheet that explains each field type, so you'll always pick the right one when doing your own customization.
Week 2 - Manage Your Day Like a Power User
Master the activity functionality in ACT! to help you keep all the balls in the air and knock out your to do list in less time
- Understand how to properly create and clear activities
- Learn about the Activity Series for multiple-step processes
- Leave with a new habit I learned that helps me consistently get the most important tasks done
Week 3 - Email Marketing How-To
Email marketing is sucha powerful tool, but a lot of Act! users aren't doing it yet, or they underutilize it. We'll cover not only how to effectively use email marketing and options for integrating your email marketing with Act!, but also how to grow your email list in the first place. This tactic alone could drastically increase your sales.
Discuss what key templates you should ready to use in your back pocket
Get the facts on what make up the critical elements of a successful e-mail message
Learn how ACT! E-marketing allows you to stay in touch with your Contacts without messy imports and exports
Walk step-by-step through creating a template so that you become comfortable creating your own custom templates
Week 4 - Reporting and Dashboards
With smart database customization and proper data input, you'll be able to get great information back out of Act!
- See what Act! is natively capable of for both reporting and dashboards
- Learn the best alternative reporting options - both free and paid are available, and how to choose
- Tips and tricks like how to use Export to Excel for reporting purposes
- My favorite overlooked reports
Week 5 - Getting Mobile with Act!
We're going to cover the available options for getting access to Act! when not at your computer, ranging from Contacts and Calendar functionality to more functionality including working with Opportunities.
- Discuss native options including Outlook sync and Act! Premium Mobile
- Understand 3rd party tool and my take on what's best
- Leave with resources that will allow you to set any of them up with confidence
Classes will start on a date to be announced and run the each Thursday at 2pm Eastern / 11am Pacific, 60 - 90 minutes depending on the week.
If you have to miss a session, no worries - you'll have access to the recordings and worksheets.
I hope you find the weekly classes to be a good pace - I don't like to stretch out the sessions too much or the course gets lengthy, but if you need more time to actually implement things, you can certainly work on the action items at your own pace. The time spent fine-tuning your Act! will pay a return of increased productivity (and probably less stress) in no time.
Included with the course is access to a forum where you can post questions for the instructor and interact with the other participants. You may have a specific question that didn't get asked during the webinar presentation and can get answers here.